Pre-con interview: Veron

For our final interview before the TBCC starts (who's ready?!), we're featuring Veron, a cosplayer, model, artist, and all-around talented gal (take one look at her 8 and 1 cosplay meme, and you'll see what I mean) with an eclectic portfolio to blow your mind.

Photography by David Love Photography
C: What's your favorite/least favorite part of making a new cosplay?

Photography by Haute Cosplay
V: I love planning out designs, and figuring out how to make things work. At the same time, I hate sewing about 75% of the time. I love wearing a new cosplay out for the first time, and I love when a random idea seems to come out well. On the flipside, it can be very stressful to have to remake something several times because I just can't seem to get it right. I love working on small details, but sometimes a costume can initially be very overwhelming. In the end, all the hard work is worth it and so I just keep doing it.

C: What would you tell someone who might want to try cosplay, but is intimidated to start? 

Photography by David Love


V: Start simple and have fun with it! I stared out with closet cosplays and that is a great place to start.
Pick a simple costume based on what you already own, or what you could find at a thrift store. If you have any sewing skills, finding pieces that just need to be slightly altered is a good place to start. Break down your costume components into several smaller steps and take them on one piece at a time. Don't be afraid to ask for help! There are plenty of great tutorials on youtube, as well as forums where you can ask questions or look for information.

C: What cons have you hit/will you hit this year? Any favorites? And are there any dream conventions you hope to get to one day?

V: This year I've attended Hurricon, Megacon, Florida Supercon, and soon I will be at Tampa Bay Comic Con. My favorites so far have been Megacon (Orlando) & Florida Supercon (Miami). My favorite part of any con is seeing my friends and collecting cool art. Someday, I'd love to go to Comic Con (SDCC), Dragon Con, and NYCC. Those are some big ones that seem to have a lot to offer.

Thanks, Veron!

Be sure to check out Veron on Facebook for a better look at all her cosplays!

No comments :

Post a Comment